Hayling Island Model Boat Club is absolutely committed to protecting and respecting privacy.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells what to expect when Hayling Island Model Boat Club collects personal information. It applies to information we collect about:
- Visitors to our website;
- People who contact us via our website contact form or who email us; and
- Our members.
Visitors to our website
Information about cookies in use on our website can be found here.
People who contact us via our website contact form or who email us
We collect your name and email address so that we can respond to you about your enquiry. We keep this information until we have dealt fully with your enquiry.
When you join HIMBC we collected your name, address, telephone number, mobile phone number (if available) and email address.
We use this information to administer your membership and, with your consent, we use your email address to communicate information about events, sailing times, maintenance days etc.
Also, with consent we share contact details between club members to facilitate interaction away from the lake.
This information is kept until membership lapses for any reason.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you.
Your rights are to;
- be informed about how we use your data;
- have access to your personal data;
- rectification if we hold inaccurate or incomplete information;
- erasure of your personal data in specific circumstances;
- restrict processing in certain circumstances;
- data portability, the ability to obtain and reuse your personal data; and
- to object to certain types of processing.
We have set out to demonstrate how we address your rights in this privacy notice.
You can read more about these rights here – https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/is-my-information-being-handled-correctly/
Complaints or queries
We strive to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of our collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the address below.
If you want to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, you can contact the ICO as the statutory body which oversees data protection law – www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
Access to personal information
If you would like to know what information we hold about you please make a ‘subject access request’ using the contact details below. If we do hold information about you we will:
- tell you why we are holding it;
- give you a description of it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to;
- explain how long we will store it (or the criteria used to decide this);
- where it was not collected directly from you, we will give you any available information as to its source; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
You also have a right to obtain a copy of your personal data for re use and we will supply this in a CSV file if you ask us to.
If we do hold information about you, please notify us if any of it has changed or is incorrect, we will be happy to update this for you.
In certain circumstances you have a right to the erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing. If you want to exercise this right please contact us using the details below.
Disclosure of personal information
We will not disclose personal data without consent or where we are required to do so by law.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
How to contact us
or write to:
Hayling Island Model Boat Club,
24 Selsmore Avenue,
- any use without the inclusion of this paragraph; or
- any use of this document by any organisation other than Hayling Island Model Boat Club except with the written permission of Crimson Crab Ltd; or
- any adaptation without the written permission of Crimson Crab Ltd; or
- any copy by a third party.