The club was formed in 2010 by Len Garner and Chris King. Originally regular sailing took place at Lakeside Holiday Camp in Hayling Island, Hampshire.
In 2011 the club moved to our now home waters at Mill Rythe Holiday Village.
Mill Rythe was originally a farmhouse, Hudson’s, with some land and modest surroundings. The building of the original Sunshine Holiday Camp started in 1938. After the outbreak of World War 2, it was taken over by the Royal Marines and was the location of the HMS Northney dockyard facility for landing craft repair and maintenance. During lockdown, the site was modernised and now has a number of mobile homes in place of chalets for accommodation.
Our sailing water is the old boating lake near Chichester Harbour. We meet regularly on Thursdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 12 noon.